Registered Yoga Teacher (Yoga Alliance)
Darby Training Level 1
Personal Training Specialist
BA Honours – English and Communications
IFBB Team Canada – Team A, Bikini Fitness
CIS Varsity Track & Field – AUS Silver Medalist
CIS Varsity Volleyball
CIS Varsity Rugby – AUS Champions
IFBB International World Qualifier 2016 – Bikini Tall Champion
IFBB International World Qualifier 2015 – Bikini Tall 2nd
CBBF Nationals 2015 – Bikini Tall Champion
NBPFA Provincials 2014 – Bikini Overall Champion
IFBB World Championships 2014 – Bikini Fitness Tall 4th
IFBB International World Qualifier 2014 – Bikini Tall 2nd
Atlantic Classic 2014 – Bikini Tall 2nd
NBPFA Provincials 2013 – Bikini Tall Champion
Posture & Posing Coach
Published Fitness and Lifestyle Model
I grew up loving and playing sports in and out of school, playing outside with friends, and generally being active. Scheduled fitness and exercise has always been a part of my life, which is what I attribute my passion for fitness and a healthy lifestyle to today. I played varsity rugby, volleyball, and track and field at St. Francis Xavier University and loved every second both on and off the court – so to speak.
When I started Law school after my undergrad, I encountered a problem I had never experienced before… I realized how much I had come to depend on a scheduled weekly exercise routine. Without it, I was kind of lost – I spent most of my time in law school reading, drinking, studying, and drinking – to say I was off track would be the understatement of the century.
After school, I needed something to focus on outside of my daily mental exercise at work – something to work toward other than my career goals. So, in August 2013, I started training for my first fitness competition, the NBPFA provincials. I was lucky to have the muscular development from a lifetime of sports to build on, but I had gotten really lean from doing hot yoga 6 days/week. Regardless, I dived into my competition prep with the same fervor I had for training for my varsity sports.
On November 1st (3 months after starting prep), I stepped on stage for the first time, won my class, and have loved the process of competing ever since. Over the next 12 months I competed at various levels including the IFBB World Championships and the NBPFA again, winning my lifetime National qualification. I plan to continue to compete in fitness shows as well as other fun, competitive, and challenging endeavors because it keeps me motivated to be positive, live healthy, and stay fit.
As a trainer and coach, I hope to bring the same passion I have for fitness and living an active lifestyle to everyone I meet and work with. I strive to better myself as a coach, teacher, and person everyday by continuing my formal and practical education and staying up-to-date in the fitness industry. I want to optimize my clients’ lives by providing you the advice and tools specific to reaching your particular goals.
IN THE MEDIA
- “The Main Attraction,” Inside Fitness Magazine, Volume 12, Issue 3 [June/July 2017]
- “Magazine Names NB Woman Among Canada’s Most Fit,” The Telegraph Journal [January 2017].
- “Hot & Fit 100 2016,” (voted #2) Inside Fitness Magazine [January 2017]
- “The Fit Factor,” Inside Fitness Magazine, Volume 1, Issue 4 [August / September 2016]
- “Hot & Fit 100 2015,” (voted #9) Inside Fitness Magazine [January 2016]
- “NB Bodybuilders Medal on National Stage,” The Daily Gleaner [June 2016]
- “New Brunswickers Win Three Canadian Bodybuilding Titles,” The Telegraph Journal [June 2016]
- “Phillips’ Star on the Rise in the Fitness World,” The Telegraph Journal [October 2014]
- “Janes, Phillips Among Winners at Bodybuilding Show,” The Daily Gleaner [November 2014]